About this website
This website is being launched at the same time as a report called ‘Undermining Mongolia’ is published by SOMO – the Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations – together with Mongolian partner Oyu Tolgoi Watch.
The report is part of SOMO and OT Watch’s work on exposing and countering the economic injustices that have accompanied the development of Oyu Tolgoi.
It follows on the heels of the 2018 report ‘Mining Taxes’, which details how tax has been avoided on Oyu Tolgoi’s profits, as well as how Rio Tinto effectively pushed the Mongolian government into an inequitable investment agreement.
- Research – Rhodante Ahlers, Vincent Kiezebrink (SOMO), Sukhgerel Dugersuren (OT Watch)
- Story – Vicky Anning
- Editing & Press – Jenny Pannenbecker, Rachid Belkhir (SOMO)
- Translation – Sukhgerel Dugersuren (OT Watch)
- Website – Rhodo Jeldrez Velasquez (TienVijf)
- Maps & Graphics – Frans Schupp + René Vlak (SOMO)
- Cover image – Abi Singh